2017 Brigada Eskwela Implementiation in the Schools Division of Aurora
TO: Curriculum Implementation Division
School Governance and Operations Division
Public Schools District Supervisors
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
- Pursuant to Deped Memorandum no. 43, s. 2017 dated March 9, 2017 entitled “2017 Brigada Eskwela Implementing Guidelines”. the Schools Division of Aurora will conduct this year’s Brigada Eskwela also known as National Schools Maintenance Week from May 15-20, 2017 with the theme Isang Deped, Isang Pamayanan, Isang Bayanihan Para sa Handa at ligtas na Paaralan. This school maintenance efoforst engages all education stakeholders to contribute their time, effort and resources in ensuring that public school facilities are prepared in time for the forthcoming opening of classes.
- A kick-off ceremony will be held by districts/schools on May 11, 2017.
- All Adopt-a-School Program (ASP) partners and other organizations which are interested to be involved in the school maintenance program must Coordinate witht he Social Mobilization and Networking Unit of Schools Governance and Operations Division, for guidance.
- The School Heads (SHs) shall take the lead role in planning the activities geared toward making schools ecologically conscious, resilient, clean and conducive to learning. Further reminders for school heads to ensure order in the conduct of the weeklong activity are indicated in Enclosure No. 1 and 2 to Deped Memo No. 43, s. 2017.
- During the Brigada Eskwela week, education key officials in the Division Office will be monitoring the implementation of the program in schools within the division where the key officials shall be assigned.
- all DepEd employees are encouraged to join the Brigada Eskwela activities by offering their skills, sharing their time or providing their in-kind support to public schools near their residence. Interested employees are given two days to do volunteer work on official time, provided that such work is approved by their head of offices.
- Brigada Eskwela accomplishment reports by schools will be submitted to the Social Mobilization and Networking unit, and the soft copy will be sent through facebook page Brigada Eskwela and Adopt-A-School Program Aurora not later than June 15, 2017. The sample official forms to be used in accomplishing the reports from pre-implementation until post implementation stage are provide in Enclosure No. 3.
- Expenses relative to the conduct of this weeklong activity shall be charged against local funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules an regulations.
- Attached are the calendar or activities of the 2017 Brigada Eskwela implementation for your guidance.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
ENGR. EDGARD C. DOMINGO, Ph.D., CESO VI
Schools Division Superintendent
Reference: Deped Memorandum No. 43, s. 2017 dated March 9, 2017